The human body never fails to amaze us. Every day you discover something new, something mesmerizing about your body. Many of the interesting facts about the human body will leave you astounded and open-mouthed in awe.
If you think you know your body well, think again! The following body health facts are sure to swipe you off your feet.
- When it comes to blinking the eyes, women unanimously steal the show. Yes, you heard it right! Women are known to blink their eyes just double the number of times than their male counterparts.
- Here is an interesting fact about your bundle of joy. A newborn baby can swallow and breathe in tandem (for up to 7 months of age). Strange but true!
- Does getting rid of those stubborn extra pounds give you sleepless nights? Men are known to burn the extra calories much rapidly (by almost 50 calories per day) than their female counterparts. A fact not many ladies will relish.
- A smile can win hearts! Here is a reason for you to smile even more. It requires 17 facial muscles for that lovely smile of yours while crying requires nearly 43 muscles.
- The facts about a human brain can leave you baffled. With a memory capacity which is greater than a 4 TB (terabyte) hard drive, there are nearly 1,00,000 chemical reactions taking place in your brain per second.
- Can you believe it? Your ear grows throughout your lifetime and that too, at a speed which is almost a quarter of a millimeter per year. Reasons enough to have your ears ringing!
- Hold your heart tight! This fact is sure to make your heart skip a beat. Do you know the number of times a healthy human heart beats in a year? It is nothing less than 35 million times a year. The surprise doesn't end here. On an average, the amount of blood the heart pumps in one's lifetime is nearly 182 million liters of blood.
- You think the earth is overpopulated? Time for some reality check. The bacterial population that thrives on a person's mouth is close to, or even greater than the total human population on the earth.
- The saliva produced during a person's entire lifetime is enough to fill up almost two swimming pools. A salivating fact indeed!
- This fact is as crazy as it can get. A person is believed to be about 1 cm shorter in the evenings than in the mornings. Now you know when to get yourself clicked full length.
- The sperm is known to be the smallest cell in the human body, while the largest cell is the female egg.
- Another interesting fact states that the cornea of the eye is the only body part that gets oxygen from the air directly. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can contact us